Wednesday, July 19, 2017

omapere


Another weekend away. This time to Omapere. We had perfect weather and got in some long walks, the mandatory meal at the Boatshed Cafe in Rawene and a trip on the ferry to Kohukohu.

The puerperium cardigan is finished. This is the second one I've made. I love this pattern. It has no seams - comfortable for baby and no sewing up. Knitting the tiny sleeves in the round can be a bit tricky. Last time I used the recommended "magic loop" method but this time I used double pointed needles and found this easier and faster. I did struggle to find seven matching buttons in my button box. Luckily there were loads of op shops on the way up north with plenty of great buttons - that I've already sewn onto cards for my collection.

Reading: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. You may've seen the television series of this starring Frances McDormand but I'd still recommend the book. I am so loving it. It's really a series of short stories beautifully written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!