Friday, June 9, 2017

lavender


On a weekend road trip a couple of weeks ago we stopped at the excellent farmers market in Tauranga where I bought a bag of dried lavender to refill my lavender bags. It turned out to be a bigger task than I thought it would be but so worth the effort as the new lavender smells so amazing.
With the leftover lavender I made a new bag using this embroidered linen backed with the blue floral cotton voile. I'm so pleased with it. Embroidered lavender bags would make nice gifts - a set of three tied together with a ribbon.

I also wanted a lavender bag to hang in my wardrobe so had a go at one of these pyramid bags. These are easier to make than they appear but they're a bit of an odd shape for a lavender bag, I think - not something you can easily tuck in between the sheets in the linen cupboard. Cute, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!