Tuesday, April 25, 2017

absence



I have been absent from this blog visiting my mother-in-law in Surfers Paradise, Australia. She will be 93-years-old next month. She is quite amazing - still living independently and enjoying a busy social life. I had a break from technology taking only my phone with me and not using the internet. Caught up on a bit of reading and had wonderful swims in the sea at Surfers.

Now back into it, I've started this simple crib quilt using some fabric I bought in 2011 and adding some fabric-a-brac finds and a few new pieces. Cutting out the squares and sewing them together happened quickly over a weekend. I'm now hand quilting - a slow but relaxing process and a chance to listen to podcasts.

Some of my favourite quilting blogs:
a quilt is nice
diary of a quilter
crazy mom quilts
film in the fridge

Listening: Radiolab podcast

Reading: Can you tolerate this? personal essays by (New Zealand writer) Ashleigh Young

And a short (5 mins) film that I think you'll like My knitted boyfriend by Noortje de Keijzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!