Friday, July 29, 2016

bundle


My recent making of baby things has been for Little Sprouts - a New Zealand charity that works with various organisations to give "vulnerable" families everything they need for their new baby.
In making a contribution I've also challenged myself to use only fabric and wool from my stash and to not buy any supplies. It has been challenging to resist buying but it's also pushed my creativity a bit. Who knew you could make a blanket from a metre of woolen fabric just by squaring it up and binding the edges. It's also gratifying to know that stuff that I have that I will probably never use or need can be put to good use by someone else. Plus I've loved the making, of course.

For any interested makers:
the blankets were inspired by this tutorial at Purl Soho
the blue merino wrap by this tutorial
the side-buttoned cardigan is a free pattern available here
and a similar pattern for the tiny "prem" beanies can be found here.

Enjoy your weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!