Friday, June 10, 2016

not according to plan


First, my new favourite cookbook - A year in my real food kitchen by Emma Galloway from my darling lemon thyme. And the first recipe I made from it, Apple, lemon and thyme crumble - that I managed to burn, just a little. It still tasted good though served with custard.

And second, a little cardigan knitted in "dot stitch" for an old colleague's soon-to-arrive second child. Frustratingly the pattern had a few errors that I struggled to resolve. It's a good pattern though - knitted in one piece to the armhole so that the only seams are on the sleeves. The buttons are some "vintage" ones from my button box. I think this might be the last of the baby gifts - at least for a while.

Reading: Big magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, pray, love)

Watching: Veep - from the beginning
Everything is copy - documentary about writer/filmmaker Nora Ephron who died in 2012. I loved her book of essays, Crazy salad (1975) but she's probably better known for her screenplays - Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry met Sally, Julie and Julia etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!