Monday, March 21, 2016

plants





After reading Indoor green: living with plants by Bree Claffey I was inspired to try some houseplants of my own. So I've started off with this Calathea rufibarba - aka Velvet Calathea or Furry Feather Calathea. The leaves have wavy edges and purple undersides. Apparently it likes low light conditions which is perfect for indoors, I think. 
I haven't had much luck with houseplants except for a few succulents and cacti. I recently repotted my favourite cactus. The photos were taken in 2013, 2014 and a couple of days ago. It's amazing how much it's grown and how desperate it was for a bigger pot. Sorry, cactus.

Reading: In order to live: a North Korean girl's journey to freedom by Yeonmi Park

Listening: Cerulean salt by Waxahatchee

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!