Tuesday, January 5, 2016

pencils


I bought these pencils as a little post christmas gift - two for me (for writing) and two for my daughter (for drawing). I first heard about the Blackwing from Mary Norris in her book Between you & me: confessions of a comma queen. She loves the Blackwing with its slogan "half the pressure, twice the speed". They are nice pencils. They're bigger - longer and maybe a bit fatter - than regular pencils. But not heavy. They also have unusual flat erasers that are removable. You can let out more as they wear down. And buy replacements. And they have a soft lead like a B or 2B.
There are three pencils in the range; Blackwing, 602 and Pearl. Comprehensive review of them all here. I bought mine from Everyday needs but they're also available at Gordon Harris.

Reading: Three mothers (and a camel) by Phyllida Law. Diary-like snippets of domestic life while the author was looking after, first, her mother-in-law and then her own mother. Surprisingly entertaining and funny.

Viewing: Still light: the photography of Marti Friedlander at Pah Homestead till 14 February, 2016

Watching: Ex machina and The lady in the van (based on Alan Bennett's short story and starring the wonderful Maggie Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!