Thursday, November 12, 2015

grey


I finished this little baby cardigan for a work colleague who is now the mother of two little girls. I love the soft grey - it's a nice gender neutral colour. (Patons Dreamtime merino 4 ply in colour "silver"). The pattern is from Panda book, #205 Adorable baby knits. 

I'm thinking of knitting this next. I've joined a women's tramping group and we're expected to have a woollen hat in our kit. Yes, even in summer.

Watching: The big year. This is an OK film starring Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson. But it's based on the book The big year by Mark Obamscik who followed three birdwatchers competing to become birding champion of the year back in 1998. The idea is to spot the most bird species within North America during the course of a year. I loved the book - an incredible true story of obsession. 

Viewing: At the beach - 100 years of summer fashion showing at the Maritime Museum until 8 February 2016. An interesting and nostalgic exhibition of New Zealand made or designed beachwear and a history of our love of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!