Monday, November 23, 2015

north


I've had a few days away "up north". We intended to camp - which we did for the first night - but ended up staying at friends' beach houses as the weather forecast was rain every day. As it turned out the weather wasn't so bad - cloudy, windy, chilly but with only a few showers. So we still got to do lots of walking. And we got to catch up with friends. Always good.
  • Mangawhai Heads. One of my favourite beaches. If I could buy my own beach house it would be here.
  • Point Wells. I love this mishmash of letterboxes. Don't know how number nine got to be there though.
  • Tawharanui. Lots of pukeko chicks around. And some great walking trails.
  • Walking back to Omaha after visiting the Matakana farmers' market. 
  
Reading: The book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton. This is so good. Please let it end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!